If you have deleted your recycle bin icon, or removed it from your desktop and forgot how to replace it, here is how to do it in Windows XP and Windows Vista.
- Right-click on the desktop and choose Properties at the very bottom of the context menu.
- At the top of the Dislpay Properties dialog box, click the tab labeled Desktop.
- Then, at the bottom, click the Customize Desktop button
- On the Desktop Items dialog box, be sure the General tab is enabeled and place a check in the box for the Recycle Bin.
- Right-click on the desktop and choose Personalize from the context menu.
- At the top of the left pane, click Change desktop icons.
- In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog box, place a check in the box for the Recycle Bin.